Thursday, November 17, 2016

Fruit of the Spirit: Faithfulness

   Week 7!!!

Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

   FAITHFULNESS.

   As you guys/girls probably already know, unless you're new (If you are welcome!), I had already wrote a post on Faith awhile back.  So feel free to read that one also for some more on this topic.

   Now...what does faithfulness mean? The dictionary says that faithfulness means: the quality of being faithful; fidelity.

   So what do you think God wanted us to learn from this? I think the dictionary is right on this one.  I think God wants us to be faithful, to tell the truth and not lie.  But it's not just our words that we have to be faithful in, we need to be faithful in our actions too.

   Psalm 40:11 (NIV) Do not withhold your mercy from me, Lord;may your love and faithfulness always protect me.

   As it says in the verse above, David asked God that His love and faithfulness would always protect him.  But what do you think David was meaning by saying your 'faithfulness always protect me'?

   I think he was talking about that God would always be there for him, and He'd be there for David when he needs Him.  But remember I'm not an expert this is just what I think.

   My challenge for you guys this week is, I want you guys to try and be more faithful this week.  Be somebody people can count on.  keep your word.

   Till next time
    LiveTheTruth :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment